Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas is in the air

WOW!! it's the 5th day of Christmas already so let get cookin', because we all are so busy, this time of the year I would like to share some of my one pot meal, crockpot and casseroles recipes.
I wanted to create a countdown to Christmas in a creative crafty way, I decided to create a homemade Advent Calendar filled with 24 recipes that are quick, easy and fast to prepare, along with a few of my family favorite Holiday goodies.
Do you make an Advent Calendar or have a special way your family celebrates the countdown to Christmas? I would love to hear your ideas! Here are the instruction of an Advent Calendar ideas I used to create my countdown to Christmas.


I saw this cute homemade advent on the web freebies for mom.
Homemade Advent Calendar

Supplies needed:

A large circle punch (in scrapbook supplies at craft store) or a jar or glass for tracing
Tape
Scrapbook or festive holiday gift wrap
Ribbon
Marker
2 Muffin Tins
A picture frame stand or a place to prop your finished tins
I began this project by punching out 48 circles. On half of these write the numbers 1-24 and on the other half you can write fun activities to do with your children in anticipation of the big day.
Break out your trusty calendar and jot down the activities for each day to remind yourself what you need to plan for and what supplies will need to be purchased to accomplish the activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment