Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The DRESSING or STUFFING, whatever you may call it, it's my favorite part of the meal.


I like to know what your family call it. It's always Dressing in my family whether it's cooked in or out of the bird. Some say that a lots of working class people (African American) have the tendency to say dressing but whatever you call it, it's my favorite part of the meal. Let's hear what your family call it, this should be fun I will give a gift  donated by LaChic Gift and Craft.com to one lucky person just leave me a comment on my Blog nannytable.blogspot.com/ and let me know what your family call it Dressing or Stuffing. I will have one of my grand baby pick a name at 6:00 pm East Coast time on BLACK FRIDAY and post your name on my BLOG   and  my Facebook Page , all you need to if your name is pick just  sent me your information and I will sent it right away.


Give my Cornbread Dressing a try you will just love it.

CORNBREAD GIBLET DRESSING
Ingredients:
3/4 pound Chicken Giblets, *cooked and chopped
1 (9 x 13) **cornbread, already baked
3 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
3/4 cup bell pepper chopped
1/4 c. butter
1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 or 11/2 tbsp. sage, to taste
Salt, and pepper to taste
2-4 cups giblet juice



Directions
Saute onion, celery and bell pepper in the butter until done but not brown,
Crumble cornbread in a large bowl. Add celery,onions, bell pepper, giblets and
poultry seasoning. Add giblet juice gradually. In between adding giblet juice, add sage and salt and pepper to taste, continue adding juice until cornbread is very moist. Bake in a 9 x 13 pan at 375 degrees until top is golden brown. This recipe can be stuff into bird.

*Boil the Chicken giblet (gizzards) in a saucepan on high heat with about a quart of water, add one celery stalk cut up, one medium onion cut up, one teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 1 to 2 hours or until tender. Discard celery and onion, and coarsely chop giblets. Reserve 4 cups of liquid.

**If you use a corn bread mix, don't use the mix with sugar add.




No comments:

Post a Comment