Saturday, February 13, 2010

There are six cheeses you can easily incorporate into a healthy diet today let's look at Ricotta Cheese 2 of 6

Ricotta is smooth, creamy, and slightly sweet, ricotta is one of the most versatile cheeses around, going from lasagnas and dips to desserts. The second highest dairy source of calcium, ricotta is low in sodium and a good source of protein and selenium, an antioxidant. Cut fat and calories by using part-skim ricotta.


Ricotta and Artichoke-Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Ingredients
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 pinch ground cumin
1 Tablespoon garlic power
1 Tablespoon onion power
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, artichoke hearts, basil, pepper, and cumin. Seasoned the chicken with garlic power, onion power and salt and pepper, place the chicken breasts on a flat surface, and cut from one side through the middle of the breast to within one half inch of the other side. Open the two sides and spread them out flat like an open book. Spread the chicken with the ricotta mixture, and roll up. Place the rolls in prepared baking dish, seam side down.
3. Bake in preheated oven until juices run clear, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly before slicing and serving.

Calories: 386 | Total Fat: 17.6g | Cholesterol: 105mg

6 comments:

  1. Swap-Bot's "Be My Blog Follower" brought me here, and I am so very glad it did, as it has just become one of my FAVORITES!!! This recipe sounds so very good...can't wait to try it! Will be checking back often for more great recipes. Milly / Thistlecraft

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am Eva, your Swap Bot Partner! I followed you!
    This is my address: www.trilo1.blogspot.com

    Thanks and good luck!

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I was paired with you on swap-bot Be My Blog Follower swap! I am lullabye123 there.

    I happen to have on hand all the ingredients for the stuffed chicken breasts and will definitely try it one night this week. As I went through your last few entries, I realized that you cook the same way I do, so I look forward to pouncing on more recipes from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! This is Kimhoay from swapbot (and blogger) I look forward to your future posts! Your recipes sound yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, yum. I'll be trying this one this week!

    gypsymouse from Swap-Bot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Audrey,
    I'm Liz (lizziefx) from swap-bot. I love your blog!! All the recipes sound sooo good!
    I love the photo of you with your first scooter.

    ReplyDelete